Under the HITECH Act, Physician Practices and other medical facilities are required to migrate their patients’ data to Electronic Health Records (EHR) or face stiff financial penalties in the future. The transition to an EHR system is inevitable, but it does not have to be a daunting task.
Custom Medical Services has the software and Team to assist those Physicians who are already utilizing an EHR software or would like to transition to one. Our EHR clients have remained unscathed by the Meaningful Use penalties set forth by the Government.
Better Physician-Patient Relationship
When used properly, EHR programs can strengthen a Physician-Patient relationship and improve the quality of care patients receive.
When used properly, EHR programs can strengthen a Physician-Patient relationship and improve the quality of care patients receive. These benefits do not come without some effort, but working with our Team helps alleviate some of the uncertainties that arise when dealing with an EHR or the transition in general. Practices may sometimes need to re-assess and modify their workflow to suit the new opportunities that a robust Electronic Health Record can bring to the Practice. CMS has been able to facilitate the transition for our clients from paper charts to EHR, as well as from one EHR program to another.
Custom Medical Services has full-time, certified EHR trainers on staff who are able to:
- Assess your Practice’s current workflow
- Assist the Practice in modifying workflows to meet the new interoperability opportunities that EHRs offer (such as: e-prescribing, automated appointment reminders, electronic referrals and e-mailing patient records in a HIPAA compliant format)
- Set up EHR templates specific to your Specialty and Practice’s workflow
- Continuous support, even after the Practice’s “Live Date”
- Assist in making certain all Clinical Quality Measures are met by the Practice for Meaningful Use if the Practice decides to participate